Spring is a time of renewal, so Service One, one of Orlando’s leading AC and plumbing companies, suggests replacing that old, worn-out AC with a new, energy-efficient system that will make you more comfortable and save money on energy bills.
<! — more — >
Not only are older air conditioning systems less efficient, their constant churning, trying to cool the air, leads to higher energy costs. Also, repeated repairs on an outdated unit can become more costly than buying a new one.
“In the past decade, there have been significant advances in home cooling systems,” said Service One founder and president, Bill Gouty. “The good news is that a new, energy-efficient AC could be 60 percent more effective meaning you can be cooler AND spend less money each month on your power bill.”
Service One offers the following tips to let you know when it’s time to consider an AC system replacement:
- Your AC is more than 10 years old. In general, a well-maintained air conditioner can last about 15 years. However, if you’re in need of expensive repairs and your air conditioner is more than a decade old, it may be more practical to replace it.
- Expensive repairs are looming. Any time you face an expensive repair, you’ll want to weigh the costs of the repair against the costs of a new unit. If the cost of the repair would cover a large part of a new system, and especially if your AC is outdated, it could make more financial sense to replace it.
- Low “SEER” Rating. If your air conditioner has a low SEER rating, it can increase your energy costs each month. Newly manufactured ACs must have a SEER rating of at least 13. If your air conditioner’s SEER rating is below 13, you can save on your monthly power bill by replacing it with a new, more efficient unit.
- Frequent breakdowns. Does it seem like your AC is constantly breaking down? Are you regularly calling Service One because of frequent issues? Repair costs can really add up, so it doesn’t make sense to keep making them on older units. Save yourself the hassle and the money by investing in a new unit.
- Your home just isn’t comfortable. Do you have a hard time keeping your home cool? This could be the sign of an aging air conditioner or even an incorrectly sized
“In the past decade, there have been significant advances in home cooling systems,” said Service One founder and president, Bill Gouty. “Air conditioning systems today are significantly more efficient than past. If your system was installed prior to 2006, it’s possible that it could be highly inefficient by today’s standards.”
Service One technicians have the knowledge and experience to deliver both preventative measures and effective solutions for home heating and air conditioning needs. “If your current system is reaching the end of its life span, I invite you to see what Service One can do for you,” said Gouty. “Try calling our hotline at 407-499-8251 to schedule an appointment 24/7. When you decide to pull the trigger and buy a new AC, we are there, ready to serve you!”Tags: air conditioning, air conditioning maintenance, Tips
This post was written by AC Repair Tech