When it comes time to buy a new hot water heater, many families are considering the tankless option in an effort to “go green” and save money. ServiceOne, Central Florida’s leading air conditioning, heating and plumbing companies installs and maintains tankless water heaters.
Generally speaking, tankless water heaters provide a continuous supply of hot water from an energy-efficient and space-saving design. Tankless units (also called “on demand” units) heat water only when the user turns on the faucet. The main advantage is that they eliminate the extra cost of keeping 40 to 50 gallons of water hot in a storage tank, wasting less energy.
ServiceOne owner and founder, Bill Gouty, further explains the benefits of tankless water heaters:
- Most tankless units come with a federal tax rebate of $300
- They last 5-10 years longer than tank heaters.
- They’re more efficient with no standby heat loss.
- They take up less space and can even be installed on walls or outdoors with an anti-freeze kit.
- Smaller units can be installed under cabinets or in a closet, closer to the point of use.
- They only need enough power to heat the amount of water necessary at any given moment.
- Homeowners can shave as much as 20 percent from their water heating bill.
- Electric models don’t produce greenhouse gases.
- Most units are operated by remote control and have up to four separate settings available.
“It’s possible that your existing water heater just needs a repair” said Gouty. “Like any appliance in your home, your water heater can break down. There are signs you can look for to know when to call your local plumber.” Some common water heater concerns to look out for include:
- Little or No Hot Water
- Rust-Colored Water
- Foul-Smelling Water Odor
- High Pitched or Low Rumbling Noises Coming from Pipes
- Water Leaks
To prevent costly repairs, Service One AC also offers a maintenance program to keep your conventional or tankless water heater in its best shape. A full inspection will diagnose any small problems before they become larger plumbing issues.
“ServiceOne is current on all manufacturing and installation requirements and can provide excellent advice regard the repair, purchase and installation of a new water heater,” said Gouty.
This post was written by AC Repair Tech