AC Repair in Orlando
Fast & Effective Emergency Air Conditioning Service in Central Florida
There is nothing worse than dealing with a faulty air conditioner in the middle of a hot, humid Florida summer. If your AC unit has been acting up, you can count on the expert technicians at ServiceOne Air Conditioning & Plumbing.
We provide same-day AC repair in Orlando, FL, and the surrounding areas to keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. Our team can quickly diagnose the problem with your system and provide reliable repairs.
Request fast, effective & affordable AC repair in Orlando, FL, or anywhere in Orange County by calling (407) 499-8333 or submitting a contact form online today!
Signs of Air Conditioner Problems
As equipment ages, your air conditioning systems experience daily wear and tear. Our trained, experienced Orlando AC repair technicians know what to look for to minimize the impact of regular usage and prolong equipment life. For example, consistent AC maintenance from ServiceOne Air Conditioning & Plumbing is very important to ensure the effectiveness of your air conditioning system and prevent costly repairs.
What Are the Most Common Signs You Need AC Repair?
- Spike in your utility bill - If something happens to your AC and it isn't at 100% then it might need more electricity to get the same job done. That extra work is gong to cost you each month.
- Water pooling near unit - Water can leak from the drain pan or the condensate line. It could also be melting ice that has accumulated because of a dirty air filter.
- Strange smells - If you smell anything burning coming from your air vents, contact us for comprehensive AC repair in Orlando or throughout Orange County. Mold or mildew can also accumulate in your unit or duct work and has a fairly pungent odor.
- Blowing warm air - If you have a dirty air filter or an evaporator coil that needs cleaning, it could be stopping your unit from providing the cooled air you're used to. If you're not already doing it, you should clean your AC coils once a year. All you need is a screwdriver, a spray bottle or garden hose, a brush for cleaning, and a squirt of liquid detergent. If you prefer not to do it yourself, ServiceOne offers air conditioning maintenance plans that will keep your AC in tip-top working order.
- Lack of Airflow - Poor airflow could be due to several factors, and the first thing you should try is replacing your air filters. When debris builds up in the filter, it can hinder airflow. Poor airflow can also come from a broken motor, broken fan, or other components’ failure. It can also be a sign of leaking air ducts, which need to be evaluated.
- Unusual sounds - By now you should have a good understanding of what your AC unit sounds like. If you notice anything new or abrupt then call in our specialists for effective Orlando AC repair.
If you notice any of the above signs don't hesitate to contact one of our Orlando AC repair experts to come and look at your AC system. We are well-versed in repairing every brand of air conditioner and can accurately diagnose all makes and models.
We will always attempt to repair your air conditioner rather than replace it, but sometimes AC replacement ends up being the more economical option. We will guide you with the best decision for your home and for your budget.
Air Conditioning Troubleshooting Tips
If your air conditioning is not running properly we suggest you try some DIY troubleshooting steps before calling for AC repair in Orlando. If it's a small issue you'll be able to fix it without wasting any money. If it's not an easy fix you can count on ServiceOne to be there to help no matter the time of day or night.
Troubleshooting for Uneven Cooling
If you experience uneven cooling check the following:
- Do you have zoned heating? If so, be sure the thermostat setting for that zone is cool or hot, depending on what you want, and that the fan is set to auto.
- Check the air filters. Are they dirty? If they haven’t been replaced or cleaned in more than a month, clean them ASAP. Especially during the warm months when the AC runs often, it usually doesn't take long for the increased amount of air circulation to leave you with a dirty or clogged filter. Change the filter if needed, and take careful note if your air conditioner continues to struggle.
- Check all the supply and return air grilles to make sure they are unblocked, fully opened and blowing air. Be on the lookout for even small obstructions like a backpack or a pile of toys.
- Check and see if your window treatments are adjusted to let in minimal light.
- Also, for your information, active electronics in the room are often the cause of a rise in temperature.
Troubleshooting for Air Conditioner That Isn't Cooling
If your AC is not cooling at all proceed as follows:
- Always check the thermostat first. The system should be switched to the cool setting and the fan should be on auto. If the thermostat is blank, it may just need new batteries. Additionally, observe how long it takes for your air conditioner to respond to any changes you make on the thermostat.
- Check for dirty air filters and replace them.
- Check your air conditioning breakers. They could be tripped. If they are, reset them.
- Check the drain line. It could be clogged and causing problems. Each breaker should have a label clearly stating which appliances are on a particular circuit. Depending on its size, your AC unit may or may not have a dedicated circuit.
- If your unit is sweating yet cold, immediately turn off your system. This means that it is frozen and needs to defrost for several hours.
What to Do When You Need More than AC Repair
When the careful decision is made to replace your AC unit, a Service One technician will meet with the homeowner to provide some recommendations for a new AC system based on the size of your home and your cooling goals.
Let Us Keep Your Home Cozy!
Schedule Reliable 24-Hour AC Repair in Orlando Today
Even if your AC breaks down in the middle of the night or on a holiday, you can get in touch with a live service representative for 24-hour air conditioner repair in Orlando when you give us a call.
Going without a functioning air conditioning during the warm Florida summer can not only be uncomfortable, but also pose a safety hazard - especially if you have small children.
Whenever you run into a major problem with your AC system you can count on us to be there to address your issue day or night.
Call (407) 499-8333 or contact us online to schedule quality air conditioning repair in Orlando, FL today!
Why Choose ServiceOne?
We are committed to providing the high-quality service that you deserve.
We know that emergencies happen which is why you can speak to a live representative 24/7.
Our properly trained is committed to providing the highest level of care and comfort in your home.