AC Troubleshooting Tips & Tricks
Call (407) 439-2144 to Request Your Service Today
Are you having trouble with your air conditioning unit? If it’s a minor or common problem, you should try out the troubleshooting tips we provide below. It is important to note that the solutions we list off are just temporary fixes. If these tips do not remedy your issue, call our team at (407) 439-2144 to request our services. We are available to assist you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Why Is My Thermostat Display Blank?
- Check the batteries first to see if they are still fresh.
- Find the condensate overflow safety reservoir on the air handler/furnace and make sure it isn’t full of water. If it fills up with too much water, the safety switch will raise. Siphon out the water and re-install the switch. Don’t try to use the air conditioner until the switch is properly installed, otherwise you might sustain water damage.
- Find and check the breakers for the air conditioning system. There will be a breaker for the indoor air handler/furnace unit and another breaker for the outdoor condensing unit. If either of the two breakers trips, you will need to reset it by moving it to the OFF position and then back to the ON position.
Why Is My AC Not Cooling the Air?
- Is your thermostat display blank? If it is, please see the instructions we listed above.
- Double check the settings on the thermostat. The temperature control selector should be set below room temperature. Make sure the SYSTEM switch is on the COOL or AUTO position and that the FAN switch is set to AUTO.
- When was the last time you replaced the air filter in your AC unit? If it has been a while, you likely need to replace it.
- If the bottom of the air handler/furnace is very cold and sweating, you need to turn the air conditioner off for at least 4-5 hours. You also need to replace the filter.
- Check and reset the breakers for the air conditioning system.
Why Is One Area of My House Warmer than Other Areas?
- Start by checking the air filter and replace it if necessary.
- Does your home have a zone comfort system? If so, check the settings on the thermostat for the zone that is warmest. To make the area cooler, move the temperature control selector so that it is below room temperature. Make sure the SYSTEM switch is set on the COOL or AUTO position. The FAN should be set to AUTO as well.
- Have you installed window treatments? Window treatments can be adjusted to allow a specific amount of sunlight into a room.
- Make sure the supply-air and return-air grilles in the room are completely open and blow air when the system is operating.
- Remove any electronic devices that might make the room warmer. Sometimes it’s electronic devices and not the air conditioner that is making the room warmer.
If you have tried the above troubleshooting steps and you are still having issues with your air conditioner, call ServiceOne Air Conditioning & Plumbing to schedule an AC repair in Orlando. Our NATE-certified HVAC technicians are available 24/7 to be there for you when you need us! Additionally, we offer AC maintenance services to help keep your systems operating at peak efficiency while simultaneously improving their lifespan.
Do you have more questions about repairing your air conditioning unit? Then give us a call at (407) 439-2144 to schedule your service today! We offer 24/7 emergency services!
We Truly Care About Our Customers
Customer satisfaction is our top priority.
Emergency Service Available
We know that emergencies happen which is why we are always available to take your call.
Attention to Detail
We keep a close eye on our work and always make it right.
Certified & Trained Technicians
All of our technicians are NATE certified and receive ongoing training.
All done perfectly!!- Michele F.
The techs are very helpful and thorough.- Jeff H.
They are prompt, efficient, offer fair pricing, and deliver exceptional workmanship.- Sonda M.