Advanced Leak Detection Orlando
Leaking water under or within the slab foundation of your home is a big problem. If it is not located and repaired sooner than later, the foundation of your home can become jeopardized.
- Shifting foundation
- Structural collapse
- Extensive water damage
- Mold and fungus growth
- Spikes in water utility bills
The moment you suspect a slab leak is under your home is the same moment you should call on ServiceOne Air Conditioning & Plumbing. Our Orlando plumbers have the training, tools, and experience required for effective and lasting slab leak detection and repair of any size. Our mission is fixing your slab leak issue as soon as possible, so your home stays safe and secure.
How to Tell if You Have a Slab Leak?
As the name suggests, a slab leak occurs down in the foundational slab beneath your home, so you can’t exactly see it. Although, not seeing a slab leak itself does not mean there isn’t one that needs your attention. What can you do to get a slab leak under control, then? You can start by looking for telltale signs of a slab leak that don’t require advanced plumbing tools to detect.
Five Common Signs of a Slab Leak
- You can hear water running when no plumbing fixtures are on.
- Cracks are forming in the walls, ceiling, and flooring of your house.
- Mold and mildew growth are increasing significantly inside your home.
- Certain spots of your carpeting get randomly damp.
- Your water bills are rising with seemingly no logical reason.
Another way to detect a slab leak before it gets out of control is by scheduling routine plumbing inspections with ServiceOne Air Conditioning & Plumbing. We recommend allowing our Orlando plumbers to stop by your home at least once a year to complete an inspection.
Fixing a Slab Leak Fast
Once a slab leak has been detected by our Orlando slab leak plumbers, we will want to get to work as soon as possible to repair it. Otherwise, the chances of it causing extensive damage to the entirety of your property will only increase.
Depending on the location and size of your home’s slab leak, we may need to:
- Dig up and replace: For an isolated slab leak, we might be able to cut apart the foundation above the slab leak to make repairs. The flooring and foundation will need to be replaced afterward.
- Repipe: Your home’s entire plumbing system can be improved with a repiping service. Older homes with extensive slab leaks can use repiping services to futureproof their property from similar issues years later.
- Re-coat: Sometimes, re-coating your pipes with epoxy can control a slab leak problem without requiring major renovative work. We will let you know if this method is available to you based on the condition of your property and the severity of the slab leak.
ServiceOne Air Conditioning & Plumbing is here to ensure all our neighbors in Orlando are safe from potentially dangerous slab leaks. When you need a slab leak detection service, or if you already know you need one repaired, give us a call at (407) 499-8333. Remember: We offer our services 24/7 for plumbing emergencies.