Is An HVAC Maintenance Agreement Really Worth the Money?
The answer to the question of whether HVAC maintenance agreements are worth the money is based on your own beliefs and lifestyle. Here are four things for you to consider:
- Is protecting your investments important to you?
- Would you like something to last longer with care, or do you prefer to purchase new systems more often?
- Are you a do-it-yourselfer, or do you prefer to rely on trained professionals?
- Do you believe in the old adage, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?”
Is protecting your investments important to you?
If you’re not averse to risk and aren’t worried about letting your HVAC or plumbing systems go without periodic checking, you won’t want to consider a routine maintenance agreement.
If you can afford to put more money into a repair than you would into a yearly maintenance agreement, then you won’t want to consider a routine maintenance agreement.
But if you aren’t a risk-taker or would prefer to spend a small amount of money each year than be faced with a big repair bill all at one time, you WILL want to consider a routine maintenance agreement.
If regular oil changes in your car, twice-yearly dental check-ups, or annual physicals are your style, you’ll appreciate the security of an HVAC maintenance agreement that makes sure the major systems in your home are healthy.
Would you like your HVAC and plumbing systems to last longer?
Some people prefer to let well enough alone, believing that if it’s not broken, they don’t need to worry about it. They would rather wait until there’s an obvious problem and deal with it then.
That’s fine, but other people prefer to make sure that things are working smoothly, fixing small problems early, and keeping all the working parts in top-notch shape before a major problem arises.
Good HVAC systems are not inexpensive. According to HomeAdvisor, an average home system costs between $5,000 and $10,000 – and some homes require more than one system. Preventative maintenance makes that system last longer and keeps you from having to spend big bucks sooner.
Are you a do-it-yourselfer?
If you are a do-it-yourselfer, a home-repairer, fixer-upper, stay-on-top-of-maintenance person, then you might not need a regular HVAC check-up. If you’re cleaning your filters every 30-45 days, washing your coils, checking seals, treating algae, and inspecting all your pipes for leaks, you don’t need someone to do that.
Don’t get me wrong.
There are people who do those things routinely and are fantastic examples of a home maintenance specialist.
But most of us?
We’re too busy with kids, family, shopping, cooking, yard work, chores, and work to do routine maintenance on our essential home systems. If I’ve just described you, you will want to consider an HVAC and plumbing maintenance agreement.
Do you believe in “an ounce of prevention”?
You’ve probably heard the saying, “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
If you’re a believer in that philosophy, you’d much rather invest a small amount of money to routinely clean, adjust, and catch minor problems than do nothing and wait until something major goes wrong and you have to spend a fortune to get it fixed.
How you benefit from our ClubOne HVAC and plumbing maintenance agreement:
- Choose 1, 2, or 3 maintenance visits per year
- Choose the number of systems you want to have maintained
- Respond to our calls BEFORE peak heating or cooling seasons to schedule your no-hassle maintenance visit
- Depend on certified, trained professionals to keep your systems in top-notch shape
- Receive a 15% discount for plumbing, heating, and cooling repairs
- Get a 5% discount on all AC equipment, replacement systems, hot water heaters, and repipes – up to a maximum discount of $1000.
- Transfer your ClubOne membership to your new home if you move, OR to the buyer of your current home.
- Rest easy because your risk of carbon monoxide poisoning on gas systems is dramatically decreased.
- Save money on the cost of air conditioning because your unit is properly serviced.
- Increase the lifespan and efficiency of your systems with routine maintenance.
- Avoid emergency service fees as a ClubOne member.
Already a ClubOne member?
We try to schedule ClubOne maintenance checks well before the peak heating and cooling seasons so that you’re ready ahead of time.
But if you haven’t had your routine visit and weren’t able to book when we called earlier in the year, let us know. We’ll take care of you!