I love Florida. Don’t get me wrong. I never have to deal with blizzards or ice storms. I don’t have to shovel snow or face endless gray days through the winter months. I’ve got sun and sand, breathtaking sunsets and beautiful beaches, year-round.
But here’s the thing.
Florida has terrible – almost scary - drinking water.
Did you know that Florida is ranked number three on the list of states with the worst tap water? (One study listed it as 2nd worst in the nation!)
In fact, in 2019, 1650 of Florida’s public water systems were in violation of the Environmental Protection Agency’s guidelines for safe water, and 101 of those systems had SERIOUS violations. Colibacteria, copper, and lead have all been found in Florida drinking water. (Lead was what was responsible for the much-publicized problem of flaming water in Flint, Michigan in 2014.)
Those finds are alarming, but even more so when you understand that the EPA hasn’t updated the guidelines for how much nitrate can be in our water level for SIXTY years! Science has linked heavy metals to various kinds of health issues, including infertility and cancer, but the EPA hasn’t kept up with mandating lower levels of heavy metals and other contaminants in our tap water.
Erik Olson of the National Resources Defense Council, a nonprofit environmental organization says,
"America is facing a nationwide drinking water crisis that goes well beyond lead contamination. . . The problem is two-fold: there's no cop on the beat enforcing our drinking water laws, and we're living on borrowed time with our ancient, deteriorating water infrastructure.”
Why would our water be so bad?
Florida’s water ranks as the top third worst quality in the nation for a couple of reasons.
First, we have a lot of fertilizer that washes into the water. (Remember the “red tide” and the blue-green algae problems of 2018?)
Storms and hurricanes cause flooding. That flooding pushes unwanted, excess, dirty, water filled with contaminants into our water systems. Thousands of gallons flood in and damage the drinking water.
Between the EPA not effectively regulating the quality of heavy metals and other contaminants in our tap water, and with Florida’s frequent storms and flooding of water filled with fertilizers and pesticides, we need a water filtration system to guarantee the taste, quality, and safety of our drinking water.
How a water filtration system works
We’ve talked many times about the importance of air conditioning filters, and you understand that when your air conditioner pushes air through a filter, that filter stops dust, bacteria, and foreign particles from getting into the air you breathe. Clean filters are the best way to keep you healthy.
The same principle applies to water filtration systems. Water is pushed through filters that remove the chemicals, metals, and contaminants that our public water systems aren’t required to take out. A whole-house water filtration system guarantees that every drop of water has been cleaned and filtered, improving the taste, feel, and safety of your water from every faucet of your home for years.
Why we love the Halo5 Water Filtration System
Our favorite water filtration system is the Halo5.
Halo5 has that name because the water your household uses is pushed not through just one kind of filter, but through FIVE different filters and processes to guarantee that it is the purest, cleanest water you’ve ever seen.
Here’s how the Halo5 Water Filtration System works:
- First, there’s a Granular Activated Carbon filter. That really means that the carbon acts as a filter, pulling out dyes, heavy metals, fuel, pesticides, and all kinds of contaminants.
- Second, there’s another carbon filter, this one called a High Activity Carbon. This second filter is great for removing chlorine and for balancing the pH factor of your water.
- Third, there’s the AG Plus filter. Its job is to pull out invisible microparticles and guarantee absolute clarity of your water.
- The fourth stage of filtration involves a garnet media filter. Garnet is a natural, inert, non-toxic substance. Ground up, garnet is the final filtration, checking for any particle that might be remaining. Garnet is also strong enough to act as the foundation for the three other filters which are strategically placed on top of it in the Halo5 system.
- Fifth, and finally, the four-times filtered water then goes through an ionization process. To put it in simplest terms, a process of reversing magnetic fields alters the molecular structure of calcium and magnesium ions. This process eliminates the problem of hard water. Never again will you have lime scales or corrosion caused by the lingering calcium and magnesium that is so often found in water supplies.
The results of a water filtration system
If you have a whole-house water filtration system, you reap huge benefits.
Your water has no smells, no color, no hidden chemicals, and it tastes like water should.
Not only does the taste of your water improve, but your water also won’t contain the invisible particles of heavy metals or traces of any chemical contaminants that have been linked to health problems!
Because your water is not too hard or too soft, (forgive me if I sound a bit like Goldilocks,) it will feel JUST RIGHT. Not slimy or slippery. Not capable of staining your tub or shower with unsightly rust-colored stains.
Why you’re going to want one of these water filtration systems
You probably don’t like the idea of drinking pesticides, lead, or bacteria.
You probably care about your long-term health.
You probably like great-tasting water.
You probably enjoy the feeling of perfectly-pH-balanced water on your skin.
You probably want to avoid dealing with the corrosion and scaling of your water pipes.
You probably appreciate a ten-year warranty.
You probably like saving money…
Our Big Deal Special
Now through June 30, 2023, Get $450 OFF the installation of our Halo5 whole-house water filtration system.
We want to make it easier for you to protect your health and safety!