Summertime. Golden sunshine. Shimmering light on hot sand. Heat waves radiating from asphalted parking lots. Hot feet and sweaty backs.
Yep. Summer can be wonderful, but it can also be grueling here in Florida.
Thankfully, we live in a modern era where we have two things that are the ultimate treats of summer: ice cream and air conditioning!
Why Ice Cream is an Ultimate Treat of Summer
Everyone loves ice cream, particularly in summer when the weather is hot. In fact, the United States leads the world in ice cream consumption where the average American eats 48 pints of it per year! (Guilty.) Forty-eight pints of ice cream equals about 23 pounds of frozen fun. (Wow.) Ninety percent of households in America admit to loving ice cream. (You are not alone!)
More than 26,000 people work in the ice cream industry that leads to an $11 BILLION dollar contribution to our economy.
I scream. You scream. We All Scream for Ice Cream
We all love ice cream for lots of reasons, but here are some great reasons why it’s an ultimate treat:
- Ice cream is made from milk which is loaded with 13 different vitamins and minerals that are good for us, including calcium, Vitamin D, Vitamin A, and zinc, just to name a few.
- Calcium builds bones.
- Vitamin D reduces inflammation and cancer cell growth
- Vitamin A improves vision.
- Zinc heals damaged tissue.
- All these ingredients in the milk used in ice cream promote healthy immune systems.
- Ice cream is scientifically proven to make us feel better.
- Scientists used magnetic resonance imaging to study the brains of people who ate one spoonful of ice cream.
- One swallow and the pleasure centers of the brain lit up…as much as they did when participants won money or listened to their favorite music.
- The effects were immediate and lit up the “happy” zone of the brain.
- Tryptophan is an amino acid in ice cream that boosts serotonin, a natural chemical in our body that boosts Serotonin. Serotonin is the body’s “feel good” chemical and increases feelings of happiness, calm, and stability.
- The “feel-good” factor in ice cream may explain why market analysts find that ice cream sales always increase during wars and recessions!
- Ice cream has something for everyone.
- Over 1000 different flavors of ice cream are being promoted currently.
- More flavors are developed each year and range from traditional tastes like chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and fruit-based to wild concoctions with liquor, seafood, and spices!
- Certain flavors add even more nutrition to your treat.
- Dark chocolate adds flavonoids which are good for your heart.
- Berry-flavored ice creams have antioxidants.
No doubt about it. Ice cream is an ultimate treat of summer. (Not to be eaten in large quantities on a daily basis, but a great pick-me-up treat, especially on a day when the heat is getting you down.)
Why Air-Conditioning is an Ultimate Treat of Summer – Maybe Even Better than Ice Cream
Two countries in the world have air conditioners almost everywhere: The United States and Japan where 90% of all homes have some form of air conditioning.
Air conditioning is an ultimate treat, especially in a hot, sultry climate like Florida. Not only does it feel good, but it also defies death.
- Air Conditioning reduces heat-related deaths and illnesses, particularly in those most at risk: the sick, the obese, children under four, and adults over 65.
- Air Conditioning combats the problems of global warming. Since 2018, the CDC found that heat-related deaths have jumped 56%.
- Air Conditioning eases allergies and asthma by filtering out pollen, dust, and spores that would otherwise get into your home.
- Air Conditioning lowers the humidity in your house, making you healthier. Humidity contributes to the growth of harmful molds and bacteria.
- Air Conditioning contributes to increased productivity. Whether you work in an office or from home, studies have shown that employees who work in an air-conditioned environment are 25% more productive than those who do not. In addition, absenteeism rates are lowered when air-conditioning is provided.
- Air Conditioning can be used to treat your air and pull out germs and diseases, including eliminating COVID by 99%.
- Air Conditioning makes your home into a haven, a place where you go to relax, stop worrying, and kick back in comfort. Can you put a price on your comfort? Air Conditioning is an invaluable asset, an ultimate treat to come home to.
Air Conditioning, like ice cream, makes us feel good. It provides us with safety, health, productivity, and comfort. A definite feel-good factor for modern living.
Call us if your air conditioning is not doing what it should. We’ll treat you to a great experience and put you back in your comfort zone.
We can lick any problem! 🍦🍦🍦